Friday, April 3, 2009

Sorry I have been AWOL lately. I have been busy at work. I have added several finished objects to my list but haven't posted about them because I keep meaning to take pictures of them to post. By the time I get home in the evening, I forget about taking the pictures. I'll "try" to do that this weekend.

I will say that I started another afghan yesterday. I am doing a Grandmother's Flower Garden with hexagon motifs. The original pattern shows a cream or white background but I am planning to do mine with a black background. I think it makes the colors stand out more. I will need to make 473 hexes for this and I have made 35 so far. Still quite a way to go! This is one that I will probably work on a little at a time as I get the colors. I am planning on using left over ILTY yarn from other projects for the flowers. Hopefully, I'll only need to buy the black for the background.

I tried to get the yarn last Saturday to make an afghan for Kaitlyn but the Hobby Lobby I went to was out of the pinks that I wanted and I didn't have time to go to another one. And since she requested 2 shades of pink, that is what I MUST have! Don't want to disappoint her!

Oh, yes, I will say that Patti was surprised and really liked her angel wings shawl. She has been telling me at work all winter that I could make her a shawl and her favorite color was yellow. So last weekend I decided to make her one. I made it Sunday afternoon and gave it to her on Monday.

I found another 'green' bag pattern this morning that I want to make. I really like the ones I made last weekend but this one is bigger. I'm thinking about making it to carry yarn projects. I couldn't lift it if I put groceries in it like it was intended! May try it this weekend if we don't make it back to HL to look for Kaitlyn's pink yarns.

No comments: