Sunday, March 15, 2009

Wow, it is hard to believe it has been a week already since I last posted. I still haven't gotten a picture of my shrug. But since then I have made a poncho in Montana Blue Homespun; well, all except for sewing the side seams at least. And last night I started another jacket. I have most of it done already. I am within 4 rows of finishing the body unless I want to make it longer (which I probably will) and finishing the sleeves to whatever length I want. This is made out of ILTY in a light peach. Looks nice and spring-y.

I took a vanilla candle in to work last week. It about drove the ladies crazy; they said it smelled like birthday cake. So they said I had to make a cake and bring it to the office to make up for smelling the candle all week! So this afternoon I made a cake to take to work tomorrow. It's not a birthday cake, but it is a cake, all the same. It is called "Garbage Cake" and is a really rich coffee cake with lots of brown sugar and cinnamon in it and in the topping. The recipe is from my cookbook that I published in the early 80s. Hard to believe that was almost 30 years ago! Time sure flies!

Only one more month to go and tax season will be over! Yippee! And that means we'll soon be going to Gatlinburg for a long weekend to celebrate another season being finished. And I'm thinking about what project I want to work on while there.

Oh, I added some 'blinkies' on my sidebar last night. Hope you like them.

No comments: