Tuesday, January 20, 2009

All Shawl is finished!

I just finished the last row of the All Shawl about an hour ago. I used the LionBrand Ruffle Scarf pattern for the ruffle and added one more row to it. It took almost 2 skeins of yarn for the ruffle alone so that makes 5 skeins for the total shawl. I didn't realize how much weight the ruffle would add to the whole thing. It feels heavy. Hope the weight of the ruffle doesn't stretch out the rest of the shawl too much. Here is a picture of what it looks like:



I also tried something new to me on this shawl--I used the Russian Join method of adding a new skein of yarn. That is fabulous! If you haven't tried this before, here is one link for how to do it. http://www.geocities.com/mama_bear_007/Russian_Join.html Aside from the fact that one or two stitches are just a little heavier than the others, you can not see it at all. And after you do the next row, it is really hard to find them!

And here is a picture of one of the fingerless mittens I made. Kinda hard to take a picture showing both of them!

Today I think I will work on something small like a basket or shopping bag. My new yarn hasn't come yet and I don't want to start another large project yet. I do have the yarn for a poncho but I don't think I want to start that right now.

1 comment:

Debbi-a1 said...

Love the shawl! You did a great job.
Yea it's kind of hard to take a photo of both hands ;) but nice fingerless glove.