Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year and new to blogging




I decided it is time that I joined the blog revolution. What better time to start than at the beginning of a year. So here goes....

I need a place to keep myself organized and a record of my projects. Today I started another crochet afghan. This one is called the Vintage Vertical Stripe. The pattern can be found here: http://belladia.typepad.com/bella_dia/2006/11/vintage_vertica.html

I picked my colors--22 of them from I Love This Yarn, put them into the random stripe generator (http://kissyourshadow.com/stripe_maker.php) and began.

My colors are antique white, toasted almond, black, red, aubergine, soft pink, royal, gray mist, turquoise, peacock, medium blue, forest, grape, sea blue, antique teal, pink, soft blue, hot rose, dark raspberry, periwinkle, yellow, and navy. Here is a pic of the colors:




I am using a K crochet hook (my current favorite size with this yarn). I started out by chaining 250 per the pattern instructions). Since my chain row is tighter, I used a size larger (L) hook for this. This is gonna be one loooonnnng afghan. But that is fine, plenty of room to wrap up in. My first color is navy.

Enough for my first blog post. Going to go do my second row. Which is the grape color, I believe. Progress pics and more to come later.

No comments: